The Green Climate Fund (GCF) Independent Integrity Unit (IIU) is gearing up for its side event at COP27 in Sharm El-Sheikh, with the theme, “Civil Society Partnership: Integrity for Climate Action” highlighting the importance of civil society participation in promoting transparency and integrity in climate-financed projects. Participants are invited to attend the session in person or tune in via live stream.
Civil Society Partnership: Integrity for Climate Action
Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt – 15 November 2022, Tuesday
0930H-1100H, Sharm El-Sheikh (UTC+2)/1630H-1800H, Songdo (UTC+9)
GCF-GEF Pavilion, Area C, P122 (Blue Zone)
Watch the livestream
Civil society organisations (CSOs) play a crucial role in promoting the agenda of transparency and accountability in implementing climate-financed projects. The side event will bring major stakeholders to discuss integrity challenges facing climate projects on the ground and will chart the way towards developing a CSO Partnership Strategy. Panellists will present their experiences working with civil society and examine cases that illustrate the value of a multi-stakeholder approach to promoting integrity in climate action.
This side event intends to launch an extensive, long-term programme of integrity initiatives with partner CSOs ranging from capacity-building activities and awareness-raising campaigns to monitoring and reporting of integrity violations. The IIU is committed to build a framework of sustained engagement with civil society as its partner in enhancing the capacities of GCF Accredited Entities to address integrity gaps and as a force multiplier in ensuring integrity in GCF projects.
- Albert Lihalakha, Head of the Independent Integrity Unit a.i., Green Climate Fund
- Yannick Glemarec, Executive Director – Green Climate Fund
- Dr. Aminu Zakari – Executive Director – Centre for Climate Change and Environmental Studies, Nigeria
- Anju Sharma, Global Lead on Locally-Led Adaptation – Global Centre on Adaptation
- Binayak Das – Project Coordinator, Tools and Methodologies/Climate Change Lead – Water Integrity Network
- Brice Böhmer – Climate and Environment Lead, Climate Governance Integrity – Transparency International
For inquiries, please send an email to [email protected]